The New Gen Cordless Vacuum Cleaner
Welcome to the new world of today. New technology is fast bringing us convenience and comfort in all aspects of our lives. When it comes to vacuums, until not too long ago, we only had the option of heavy, long, corded vacuum cleaners that were difficult to maintain and required a bag to be attached for it to function. It served the purpose, however was a high-maintenance chore and one that required ongoing investment in bags. Fortunately, today, all that is changed. Welcome to the new generation of cordless upright vacuum cleaner!
Cordless Vacuum Cleaner
The new world vacuum cleaners not only are better at the job, they are loaded with features that provide you awesome benefits.
- Light Weight – The new age cordless upright vacuum cleaners are incredibly light weight. With the purpose that a vacuum cleaner serves, it's a must that it not be heavy. After all, you will move it in all directions – up, down, side and the lighter it is, the easier it would be to work with it. You're talking 7 lbs or less, just almost as the weight of a laptop that you're used to carrying along everywhere!
- Multi-in-one – It used to be that vacuum cleaners were solely focused just for cleaning carpets. Possibly floors. But, given the weight of the vacuum, it wasn't an option to lift it up to easily clean windows or crevices. Then came the next generation of upright vacuum cleaner, where attachments helped with these functions, but it also meant there were long cords to go with it, again, as you couldn't easily carry the machine along. In today's age, you have the best of all worlds. A simple switch can change the functionality of the vacuum from being to clean the floors, to being a vac that can be lifted up to clean surfaces on top, or that dust on upholstery or dirt in the crevices of your sofa. That's convenience!
- Floor detection – Just as with others stated above, no longer do you need to manually adjust for varying floor types – carpets, vinyl, hard wood etc. With automatic detection systems, you can be completely blind to the what type of floor you're working on to clean. Systems detect floor types and automatically and seamlessly switch between, so there's one less thing for you to worry about. And given this ability to seamlessly switch around, you can also be assured that you're enabling the right settings necessary to give you the cleanliness needed automatically. The system will automatically detect and set the appropriate levels of power and depth necessary, so you don't have to worry about it.
- Filtration – While old vacuums really weren't sophisticated in addressing deep quality air filtering, the new age vacuums focus on HEPA. As Wikipedia describes it, High efficiency particulate air (HEPA), originally called high-efficiency particulate absorber but also sometimes called high-efficiency particulate arresting or high-efficiency particulate arrestance, is a type of air filter. Filters meeting the HEPA standard have many applications, including use in medical facilities, automobiles, aircraft and homes. With HEPA filter, you can expect to eliminate or significantly reduce bacteria and allergies.
- Charging – Until recently, you needed to focus not only on the ability of your vacuum cleaner to clean well and to be adaptable to multiple floor types, and the ability to clean floor and upholstery etc., but also on how long the cord is, so you can reach far and wide from where the AC outlet is. Without the long cord, there really wasn't much of a choice, as there was no way to get power to your vacuum to be able to do its job. Thanks to newer technology, today's vacuum cleaners are cordless. They come included with rechargeable battery, such as Lithium Ion, that holds significant charge for you to be able to get your cleaning done with a single full charge. You can expect 30 minutes or so of run time with a full charge, which is sufficient time to get your cleaning done, even if your home or business is large. And after your job is done, you can simply recharge it up, so your next go around is just as easy!
Additional Upright Vaccuum Cleaner Considerations
In addition to the above, you can always seek additional benefits the manufacturer offers from time to time, and they could all add up. As examples, look for additional tools that could help you with multiple needs, such as the ability to clean inside a car, ability to clean various types of upholstery etc. Also, look for manufacturer warranty and extended warranty options. And possibly storage options, so you can possibly store the vacuum in the garage or on the wall so as to not occupy floor space. See if the vacuum comes with wall mount options and how easy they might be to set up.
You might even look at replacement parts for your upright vacuum cleaner, that either are packed with the original purchase, or perhaps easy modes of ordering new ones as needed, as considerations to what vacuum you ultimate choose to invest in.